Mobile, AL-USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park

The trek to our next week long stay would be long so we planned a stopover in Holt, Florida just across the Florida border.

But on our way there, we took the time to explore the USS Alabama. It was pretty cool. I have been on other ships but either I was more interested this time or this one had more to see. Each room was labeled and contained some interesting notes.

The kids tested out the bunks (definitely doesn't seem all that comfortable or cozy)

and I saw the kitchen, which I assume is like the one that my father worked in when he was cook in the Navy.

I just had to take a picture of this... I really can't imagine what this would be like. NO privacy and just a trough below the seat! But I guess you wouldn't get bored because you could just strike up a conversation with the fellow RIGHT ACROSS FROM YOU! Yuck :(

There is also a submarine to tour at this facility and I have been told it is REALLY cool but we left without seeing it so that we could make it to the next campground before dark.

We stayed that night at Eagle's Landing RV Park. It was a nice park with very friendly staff but not too much to do there. But Greg had been speaking with another full-time family and knew that they were staying there. So we met up with the Zavocki family of 7 and had a great visit. Jordan had a blast playing with their daughter, Jenna (pictured, with brother Jake).


The next morning, we headed on out to Micanopy (Mick-uh-no-pee), Florida.  

No comments:

Post a Comment