Monterey, California-Monterey County Fairgrounds

January 29-February 5, 2017

While not what I would call WARM, the weather was warmer and more conducive to being outdoors. Unfortunately, it did get rainy and I came down with the flu or some equally awful illness. So, I did not get to check out this town as much as I would have liked. We definitely want to come back one day (when it's a little warmer) because there are definitely some beautiful areas and we can tell its just a fun place to be.

Here's what we were able to check out:

Cannery Row-Now a waterfront shopping and restaurant area, it was once the site of many sardine canning factories.


Hwy 1 Pacific Coast Highway-beautiful pullouts all along this highway.  Unfortunately, due to recent rains and floods, Big Sur was closed.




Monastery Beach-the kids had fun here but the sand is actually small pebbles and was tough on my tender-footed kiddos!


Carmel by the Sea-not far from Monastery Beach, this beach area is truly sand and has some amazing sunset views


Monterey Bay Aquarium-Wish I had felt well enough to go to this one!  The kids had so much to tell me about all of the great things they saw when they got back.





Onward we go!  We are making our way to the San Francisco area.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Cousins,

    WoW! it looks like you all are having an awesome time! I am so glad you share so many photos of all the amazing places y'all visit. I certainly enjoy them.

    Blessings,
    Cousin Trudy

    ReplyDelete